KOTA KINABALU: Sabah Umno chairman Datuk Bung Moktar Radin (pic) has denied a viral social media “report” that Sungai Sibuga assemblyman Tan Sri Musa Aman was dropped from the list of Umno candidates.
“It is fake, ” he said on Saturday (Aug 1) without elaborating on the report spread widely on social media.
The report, among others, claimed that Sabah Umno wanted to drop the former chief minister for his personal involvement in the failed move to topple the Warisan-led state government, leading to the dissolution of Sabah assembly on Thursday (July 30).
Musa had attempted to take over the state government through defections and claimed that he had a simple majority of 33 assemblymen in the 65 member house. However, Governor Tun Juhar Mahiruddin agreed to dissolve the assembly.
On Friday (July 31), Bung said that he would meet with the Sabah Umno political bureau and state liaison committee on Sunday (Aug 2) to decide on political alignment and the number of seats the party intended to contests in the coming state election.
Sabah Bersatu earlier on Saturday announced that they were eyeing 45 seats in the 73 member assembly but was open to discussions with Sabah Umno and other opponents.